Friday, May 25, 2012

Memorial Day Tribute to all our Troops


To the many who have given their all.
To the many who have given their health.
And
to the many who came home to their families with no problems.
I've had family members in every war since the USA was begun
My great great great grandfather fought in the 
Revolutionary War.
Another GGG grandfather and his son, my great great grandfather,
fought for the Union in the Civil War.
Both died because of the war, one of pnuemonia in Cassville Missouri and his son, of TB contracted during the war.
Another Great great grandfather was hanged for supplying horses to the Union Troops.
My grandfather was in France during WW-l, and my father got his back broken in WW-ll.
We have a nephew who is on his 4th tour of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan.
God Bless our Troops...

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

Wow, Jettie- That is quite a history. I had no idea that your family was so stricken by the wars. Love to you- xo Diana