Friday, May 04, 2012

Charlie Update and a trip around the garden

We got a call from Charlie's dad last night, they've moved him closer to home, in a rehab unit of the local hospital near where they live.  He has called his dad twice lately, so he is now talking,even with jaw wired shut.  We can't visit, but now we can call and talk to him. Not sure how long he will be there.
See what I found in a nest?
Mom(ShortTail) has plenty of places she could have
delivered these, but she picked a corner.  She's half wild, meaning she will let me feed her, and if I can sneak up on her, I can touch.
I tried to put them in a better place, see the white thing in the edge of photo?  But she keeps bringing them out and leaving them in leaves. The little cream one is a beauty, mom doesn't seem to mind me touching them, just not her.



My older Hollyhocks are blooming, hopefully next year the other colors will bloom.


My garden helpers, the Brown Thrush are having breakfast in the garden this morning.
There are 4 of them today.
You will see the rest in another photo.


One of the few Asiatic Lilies that I have that aren't an
orange color.  
Sadly this one is near lots of Poison Ivy, which may cause it to die when I spray the ivy.


First blooms on my blue Hydrangea, I hope the Lace Leafs bloom in a few weeks, 
and the one that is always purplish pink, never know which tone it will highlight
in any given year.

My clematis 
I missed it at it's peak, there are 3 different colors in
that spot.  Red, lavender and purple.


 The brown thrush family, in the end of the garden.

4 comments:

Tete said...

I had so much fun here today! You do have clematis like mine! Love the lilies and hope they don't die when you have to spray.
Love those babies. Crazy momma, maybe it you put some of those leaves in the box, she might leave them there then. And then maybe not. Who knows what they think.
The tag on my hydrangea said it was blue, but it has always been white. I have put acid in the soil and nothing. The more acid the more color. Pooh, but the white is still pretty.

NanaDiana said...

What fun to see some pictures here today, Jettie.

I a glad to hear the news about Charlie. Sounds like he is on his way to recovery.

Aren't those kittens cute? I am glad that Mom is tame enough to let you touch her babies. Are you adopting at least one of them?

Your flowers are GORGEOUS!!! xo Diana

Patty Patterson said...

Cute kittens!

And it looks like spring has sprung at your house! We're getting nice warm summer weather. We opened our pool - and the water is warm! Summer is my favorite time of year. I love flowers in bloom and sunny days by the pool!

Patty Patterson said...

Cute kittens!

And it looks like spring has sprung at your house! We're getting nice warm summer weather. We opened our pool - and the water is warm! Summer is my favorite time of year. I love flowers in bloom and sunny days by the pool!