Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Fruit of My Spirit by Deanna Nowadnick

Published by Rhododendron Books

This is a short book, only about 90 pages, but it is a very intense and often funny look at the author's life, and
how even though she was a Christian, she struggled, as most Christians do..
It covers her courtship with her future husband, raising her children, dealing with weight, joint replacement, which didn't go well, and had to be redone.


I really enjoyed the book, and I told Mrs. Nowadnick that I found that in some ways she and I were a lot alike.
In one chapter, she tells of being supposed to be home by midnight, and being a little headstrong, she drives around the block several times and doesn't get home until 12:15am.  How she gave up the violin, and didn't start playing again, for several years.    I think you would enjoy reading this very HUMAN story.


Sprinkled in are scriptures, songs and photos of her and her family.
Below is my favorite from the book.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience,
kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
Against such things there is no law.
Galatians 5:22-23

I was given a copy of this book to read and review, by the author.  No other compensation was given.  I am not required to give a favorable review.  All opinions expressed here are my own.





2 comments:

Deanna Nowadnick said...

Jettie, thank you so much for your review! I always enjoy hearing how individual readers connect to the stories. It's been quite an adventure!

NanaDiana said...

I LOVE reading REAL books-that are written in the first person. What fun-and how wonderful that the author commented here! xo Diana