Saturday, May 05, 2012

The Captive Heart by Dale Cramer

This is the 2nd book of a series about an Amish community in the mountains of Mexico in the early 1900s.

  This book starts with year two of their settlement, when other families join the Caleb Bender clan in Paradise Valley Mexico. The families were the Shrock and Hershbergers, with Jake Weaver, an 18 year old, who has come to work for the other families, and hopefully marry Rachel, Caleb's younger daughter.  Mariam, just older than Rachel, soon was dating Micah Shrock, who was near her age. even though she is attracted to Domingo, a hired hand.
When bandits threatened the families, Domingo stood up to them, and Micah also tried to help, though most Amish do not fight.  Then later, Rachel was kidnapped by the bandits, and Domingo and Jake go after them to get her back.

I enjoyed this book a lot, not sure which was better, Paradise Valley or this one.  I know there will be a #3 in the series by the way this one ended, and I plan to read it, too.    Dale Cramer has me wanting to read more.

I was given a copy of this book by Bethany House to read and review.  No other compensation was given.  All opinions expressed here are my own, I am not required to give a positive review.




No comments: