Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Widow of Saunders Creek by Tracey Bateman

Six months after Jarrod Saunders was killed, his wife, Corrie, left Dallas Texas for the hometown of her late husband, Saunders Creek Missouri.  She and Jarrod had intended to fix up his grandparents' home, and live in it, since it had passed to him.  She had hired Eli, Jerrod's cousin, to do some repairs on the old house, and when he arrived , he found her asleep on the swing, where she'd fallen asleep the night before.
Eli is a minister, and he warns her that many people believe the house had 'spirits' and had seen and felt things in the house.  He tells her that whatever is there, is not from God.
When she feels the spirit, she feels it is Jerrod there to comfort and help her get through her grief.

This isn't my first Tracey Bateman book, and it won't be my last.  I read the first chapter online, and couldn' wait to get the book so I could finish it.  It is  spiritual and otherworldy at the same time, and until the very end, I wasn't sure what was going to happen.  I would love for this story to be continued in a 2nd book.

I was given this book to read and review from Waterbrook through their Blogger Review Program.  I was given no other compensation.  All opinions expressed here are my own, I'm not required to give a positive review.



2 comments:

NanaDiana said...

That sounds like another wonderful book, Jettie! You do seem to get an extraordinary amount of GOOD reads- xo Diana

Diane Estrella said...

I've seen good things about this book. Thanks for your thoughts and the review. :O)