Friday, July 13, 2012

The Scent of Cherry Blossoms by Cindy Woodsmall

  When Annie and her mother had words, her mother sent her to spend time with her grandfather. Her grandfather sent her to help the neighbors who owned a cafe that he had part interest in, never thinking that a Mennonite would fall in love with an Amish man.  Annie and Aden had known each other for years, but now that they were older, the attraction began to worry both his parents and her grandfather.Annie and Aden would meet in the cherry orchard at night, and walk through the trees.  Aden's twin, Roman, was disabled from a farming accident, and he expected Aden to stay with him and help him navigate life. 


I really enjoyed this book, Cindy Woodsmall put a good twist in this story, and I had no idea where it was going until the very last.  I kept wondering how she was going to end this story, as I could not figure out a solution to the Mennonite/Amish problem. I give this book a 5 star rating.


I received this book from  the publisher to read and review. I recieve no other compensation for my  honest review.  All opinions expressed here are my own, and I am not required to give a positive review.


http://www.amazon.com/review/edit-review?ie=UTF8&asin=0307446557&reviewID=R3HP52QHQ5C1CH

Amazon post of review.

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

That sounds like a great book, Jettie...although I still don't know when you find the time to read...and with babysitting coming up I think you might have even less time for reading- xo Diana