Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Nephew Update and some ramblings

Talked to Charlie's dad last night, they started preparing him for the facial surgery yesterday.  they did a tracheotomy to replace the vent connection that was put in when he first got to the hospital.   They said he had more and worse injuries than first thought, when they got him to hospital.  I think, according to the report, that his surgery will be sometime today, but not sure. Just keep him and his family in your prayers.  I'll update when I hear anything.


Stop Thief!!
We have a thief in our midst.  His name is Huckleberry, a 12 year old JRT (Jack Russell Terrier).  Never have we had a problem with him getting into the trash, until the last couple of months.  As soon as we goo to bed, we hear things rattling around, now.  And, this morning, he'd done a magic trick.  I keep a towel in my chair, and when we are out of the room, I keep a box setting in it, to discourage it becoming a dog bed.  It is a lift chair, and they aren't cheap, so I'd like to keep it clean and nice as long as possible.   Well, this morning, I walked into the living room, and there was the towel in the floor in front of the chair.  The box, which is full of papers, cards, and craft stuff, was still setting in the chair.  Yes, he's learned to steal my towel when it is chilly.  Otherwise he parks himself on the leather love seat, to his 'dad's' dismay.


I believe that we have another nest of Cardinals in the bushes under our bedroom window, next to the front porch.  I see a female and male fly away when the door is opened.   This is the 3rd year they've nested there, and I'm going to try and get pictures of them, before they fledge.

3 comments:

Tete said...

May God bless Charlie and give him what he needs when he needs it.
Thief? We have those, too. We have to put all food stuff in the can under the sink, or that would be all over the place. Chicken bones go straight out to the big can as soon as we are done eating.
Hope you can get some photos of the babies! We have cardinals, but they nest out in our big shrubs along the front. I never snoop on them, just wait until the try their wings to see how many we have each year.
Been out weeding the south beds this morning and just came in to do lunch.

NanaDiana said...

I am keeping Charlie in my prayers. I can't begin to imagine all the agony he is going to have to endure.

I was gone all day long and helping ny daughter with costumes for the little girls dance recital that is coming up.

That dog of yours sounds pretty darned smart to me. I hope he doesn't learn to smoke!;>)

I hope you can get some pictures of your birds before they are gone. xo Diana

Patty Patterson said...

Thanks for the update on Charlie! Prayers are still coming!