Thursday, April 19, 2012

I'm so mad I could spit....

I told you about the kittens, and how they got moved, they've been moved again. And mom, whichever did the moving, left one of them out in the cold.  I found it yesterday morning and warmed it up in water, dried it, and tried to get mom to take it back.  No such luck, tried the other mom, she ignored it and hissed at me.   I put it in a warm spot and hoped one would take it, found it cold again this morning, and still alive.  I'm feeding it, and it has 'done it's jobs',   much to my surprise.   It is only about 6 days old, so I'm not expecting it to live long.  This isn't the first one they've 'left', one got left in the cold rain, I found it, warmed it in warm water, then dried it with the hair dryer...That one was about 14 days old and the mom took it back...

I've been 'tub' gardening, and now that I found my battery charger, I'll get some pictures of the planters.

3 comments:

Jettie said...

Last night at 10:00pm, when I went to feed the kitten, I found it had gone to the Rainbow Bridge. It's warm and being cuddled by Big Foot, the Lab, he and is telling it that he'll love it like he did his 'baby' when they were young.

Tete said...

Jettie, I am sure you being a farm girl, you know to stimulate that baby and use KMR. No cow's milk. Watch at 2 weeks from now for bloody stools. That would be coccidia. You will need albon from the vet if that happens and do it fast. Its a parasite that can kill it in 3 days or less without the antibiotic. If we lived close, I would do it for you.

NanaDiana said...

Oh- I missed some of your posts, Jettie. That is too bad about the kitty. I hate it when mothers abandon their young like that. xo Diana