Friday, May 03, 2013

Lost a good friend yesterday

I'll get back to posting pictures and book reviews soon, but, My son in law lost his mother yesterday, unexpectly.  His father had passed away on December 23, 2012, so his whole family has been hit with a double whammy in a short period of time.  Please pray for them.

His mother, Barbara, was my friend, we used to talk quite often, until recently.  She still attended church every Sunday, and always had a smile for me. She was there Sunday morning, and she had the biggest smile on her face, maybe she knew something we didn't.

When her son and my daughter decided to marry, she stepped in, and offered to pay for half the wedding, since her son was the one wanting a church wedding.  It was a beautiful wedding, and she and I share two wonderful children and two of the most precious grandchildren you have ever met.  Yes, I love my son in law dearly.  I could never have asked for a better man for my oldest daughter.  I didn't say he was perfect, but he is a wonderful person.

Barbara crocheted beautiful things, and I was always the recepient of something she had done.  I still have all of them.

Yesterday morning about 6:30am, her eyes closed, her mind cleared, and she took the hand of her husband of 53 years and crossed into Heaven to be with him in that promised Mansion.  Her best friends and siblings were there to greet her, and she is having a wonderful time, as we prepare to celebrate her life.
See you later Barbara.

1 comment:

Tete said...

Just beautiful! Great post on such a wonderful and important person in your lives. Prayers for the family left behind.