Friday, May 03, 2013

JESUS THE ONE AND ONLY by Beth Moore

B & H Publishing Group

When I was asked if I would review this book, I thought about it for awhile, because some books of this type are dry and hard to digest.  But, figuring I was only required to give my honest opinion, and if you know me at all, you will know I have no problem giving my opinion, I agreed.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that it isn't dry, or hard to digest, it is well planned, well written and would be easy for almost anyone with a desire to understand it.  You'll use your imagination to picture a baby Jesus in Mary's arms.  You'll see Jesus as a young man, talking to the priests in the temple, and as he gets older, healing the sick, right in front of you.  Close your eyes, how do you picture Jesus?  I'm sure each of us will picture him a bit differently, and I think that is a good thing, because there is no 'real' picture of our Savior, so we each have our own image of him in our mind.


Beth Moore has gone though Jesus' life from the time Mary was given the news that she was to carry the Son of God, until the end of his life and his rising from the dead.  It is done in chapters that aren't too long, and this is the type of book you can grab and read a chapter, wait awhile and read another chapter or two, without missing anything at all.  In fact, this is the kind of book you should take your time reading, and  you'll get a better understanding of the whole story, or at least I did.

I was given a copy of this book, to read and review from the publisher.  I receive no other compensation. All opinions expressed here are my own, and I am not required to give positive reviews.





No comments: