Thursday, May 16, 2013

Invisible by Ginny L Yttrup

This is the story of 3 women.
Ellyn, who is 'hefty' but a wonderful chef, and well loved by everyone but herself. And the harder she tries to lose weight, the more she wants to eat.
Twila, who has eating issues, she can't stand to eat, she sees herself as fat, even though she is stick thin.
Sabina, who has escaped away from her husband, and counciling practice, to wallow in  depression becaues of issues that have happened that were beyond her control.

This book explores the root causes of their problems., that they discover, after becoming friends.

Have you ever recognised yourself in a character in a book?  No, I don't mean like it was written about you, but something about the character, you see, and know it is explaining something about you.   Well, Ellyn, when she finds the roots of her 'problem' confronts it, and there, in the confrontation I see myself.  I want to thank the author for clearing something up to me, that I didn't understand in my 64 years.  I know this wasn't her intention, but I feel blessed to have read this book.

I received a copy of this book from B&H publishing group to read and review, no other compensation was given.  All opinions expressed here are my own.  I'm not required to give a positive review.

1 comment:

Terra said...

That sounds like a powerful connection between you and insights you got from one of the ladies in the book.