Wednesday, November 07, 2012

HEALING LOVE by Laura V Hilton

Published by Whitaker House
285 pages
Amish of Webster County series

Kristi Lapp is a young midwife in Webster County, delivering babies for the Amish community.  When her buggy is involved in an accident and her leg is broken, Shane Zimmerman, an Englisher,  the new vet in the community,  finds her, and gets her to the hospital.  He visits her every day, and she finds he is her nearest neighbor.  He volunteers to walk her dog, Chinook, who is more than Kristi can handle, with her injuries.

Shane has move to Webster County to get away from the memories of his wife and baby dying, at what he considers the hands of a midwife's inability to give proper attention.  Even though he is attracted to Kristi, he wants nothing to do with her 'calling'.  Will they find a way to get around their differences, or will he move on, and find a woman who shares his values?

I give this book 4 1/2 stars.  It is really a good book, easy to read and understand.

I was given a copy of this book, to read and review by the Author.  I receive no other compensation.
I am not required to give a favorable review, and all opinions expressed her are my own.

And I am giving away a copy of this book, to the person who can most closely guess the time it took me to read it.
Please put your guesses in hours and minutes only, as in 1 hr and 12 minutes, or 16 hrs and 15 minutes.

Also, please click on the link below, to enter a give away for a  Fall Basket on Laura's blog

http://lauravhilton.blogspot.com/2012/11/grate-fall-basket-giveaway.html


4 comments:

Tete said...

Another one already???? Must be all that waiting. LOL

Tete said...

2 hours, 13 minutes. That's about how long it would take me, if no one bothered me too much.

NanaDiana said...

Well, I see Tete's guess....I will guess 2 hours and FOURTEEN minutes...bwahahahaha

Unknown said...

Okay, I'm going to win @ 1 hour and 52 minutes. I'm right, right?
right? right?..........