Thursday, June 21, 2012

LUCY COME HOME by Dave & Neta Jackson

If you have read any of the Yada Yada Prayer Group Series, you are familiar with Dave and Neta Jackson's writing.
This is the first book in their new series, A Yada Yada Journey of Hope. This book  introduces the reader to Lucy Tucker, a resident of Manna House Shelter. The book goes back and forth between the present time and the 1940s to better give the reader a sense of Lucy's history and past.
Lucy's family packs up and moves to Michigan to harvest sugar beets, when the end of the depression and the dust bowl cause them to leave their home in Arkansas.  She meets a young man, son of the owner of a carnival, and soon, circumstance puts them on the run, for their lives.
Lucy is now 80 years old and still lives on the streets in Chicago.  Why, after all these years is she still on the streets.  



I enjoyed this book and really liked the insight it gave me on life right after the depression.  Also, it gave me more insight about life on the streets, and why some people choose that life.  I'd give it 4 stars.


I received this book to read and review from Litfuse.  No other compensation was given.  I am not required to give a favorable review.  All opinions expressed here are my own.

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

I still can't believe you find the time to read- xo Diana