Sunday, February 19, 2012

A DARKLY HIDDEN TRUTH, by Donna Fletcher Crow

2nd in the series, The Monastery Murders
Published by Monarch Books

I received this book from Kregel publications to read and review.  No other compensation was given.
All opinions expressed here are my own,  I'm not required to give a positive review.

Felicity receives a message from her mother, her parents are divorcing, and mom is on her way to visit.  So she decides to go on retreat, to avoid her mother, who she feels has been distant and career orientated during Felicity's childhood.

Religious Icons are disappearing from several monasteries, and Antony, who she has helped solve a murder with before, wants her help.  He shows up with her mother in tow .  Of course they get into trouble, and even think they are about to be killed. .

I enjoyed the story,  my only complaint is the extensive descriptions of religious history at the various monasteries.  Anyone who is more a history buff of this era, than I am, probably would really enjoy the story more.
.

No comments: