Wednesday, February 01, 2012

The Christmas Singing by Cindy Woodsmall

Mattie bakes cakes, she does wonderful work, and she owns her on shop.    Sol, her boyfriend, hunts, when he isn't making pallets for his family business.  When the cake shop catches fire, Mattie runs back inside, thinking she saw her niece in the shop.  Someone contacts Gideon Beiler, her former fiance, and he goes to the hospital, only to run into Sol.
During the holidays, Mattie goes home to see her parents, while waiting on the insurance money, to rebuild her shop.  There she is thrown in constant contact with Gideon, who she feels dumped her to date an Englisher lady.
I think that Cindy Woodsmall is one of the best writers of Amish fiction I've ever read.  I highly recommend this book.

I was given a copy of this book to read and review, no other compensation was given.  All opinions expressed are my own, I'm not required to give a favorable review.


No comments: