Sunday, September 15, 2013

New Guitar in progress





Drilling Tuner Holes

Ready for cleanup




Fitting the electronics


About ready to take apart and put finish on it



First coat
Last Coat

Laying out the Fretboard

Maple inserts cut and ready
I didn't get a picture of gluing them in, as
my fingers were covered with glue.
and before I got back to shop to get a picture, 
Jerry had gone down, cut and sanded them flat.


Fretboard ready to sand and install


And there you have the process not including the
cutting out and shaping the blanks.

Are you ready to build one now?






























4 comments:

Tete said...

Sure, I could do that! NOT! Love it. Make sure you post when its done.

NanaDiana said...

Wow- That is quite an involved process, Jettie. It's a beautiful piece. Can't wait to see it done. Great job so far. xo Diana

bj said...

Good grief, woman...you build these?
Amazing...
Thanks so much for coming to visit and following. I am following you right back....maybe we can meet in the middle for some French Toast and a lesson in building a musical instrument....:)) Sounds like a plan to me....:))

Unknown said...

Jettie what a work of art-it's neat to see all the steps and stages that go into one. I just bet it smells so wonderful in there, just love the smell of wood.