Thursday, September 12, 2013

HE KNOWS YOUR NAME by Travis Cottrell

Published by Worthy Publishing
155 pages hard back
Introduction by Beth Moore

If you recognise the name Travis Cottrell, that isn't surprising, he is a noted singer and songwriter, and now he is a published author.  This book is an easy read, doesn't take a lot of time, but it is full of stories and and each chapter is ended with a special prayer.  It is the kind of book you'll want to pick up and reread a chapter, or just one of the prayers.  It would also be a wonderful gift for that 'new Christian', who is just now learning to walk in Christ.

One of my favorite prayers is on page 57, so I am going to print it here.

Father, Thank You for knowing my name and exactly where I am at in my life.
I know that every good and perfect gift comes from Your hand.
Help me to accept all  of the surprises You bring my way, knowing that You, in turn, are never surprised by
what happens in my life. I am so thankful  I can trust in You, Amen

Isn't that a beautiful and simple prayer!  The whole book is filled with this kind of wisdom.


I was given a copy of this book to read and review.  No other compensation was given.  I am not required to give a favorable review, and all opinions expressed here are my own.



Isn't this a lovely cover.



1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

That really is a very simple and beautiful prayer, Jettie. I don't know when you find the time to read! xo Diana