Friday, November 11, 2011

Veterans Day

God Bless all the men and women who have served, and are still serving, to keep our country free.
This is to my Nephew, Tim, who leaves soon for Afghanistan.  Great Uncle Oscar, and my Grandfather, Luther, who fought in WWI. For my father, Troy, who never left American soil, during WWII, got his back broken while on training maneuvers and spent 13 months in a hospital halfway across the country from his family.  For my Uncles, Arlie and Hervie, my great great grandfather, Joseph, and his father, Gamliel, who served in the Civil War, Gamliel gave his life, and Joseph gave his health for the Union.  And for my GGG Grandfather Abner, who fought to help free this country from the British.

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

God bless ALL your family members that have served in this country...and I am sure there are more of our relatives that have served than we will ever know! xo Diana