Monday, November 07, 2011

The Mercy by Beverly Lewis

Rose and Hen are sisters, raised Amish, though Hen never joined the church, and married an 'Englisher'.
She and her husband, Brandon, are separated, and she moves back near her parents.  Her husband was in a car accident, lost his sight, and had other injuries, so he moved to the farm and Hen is caring for him.

Rose broke up with the man she was engaged to, because she just didn't feel it was a good match.  Her brother,  sets her up with another guy, who is related to his wife.  Rose thinks she can love this one, but then he begins showing that he doesn't follow the Amish way, and has never been baptized.

Nick, who was raised by the Petershiem family, but left when an accident took the life of their son.  He has returned, and decided to be baptized into the church, and want to set things straight about the cause of the accident.

I enjoyed this book, but wish I had read the 2 that came before it, before reading.  I kind of felt as if I'd come in at the middle of a movie.

I was given a copy of this book to read and review, no other compensation was given.  All opinions expressed here are my own.

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

I have read a couple of her books before. I think she wrote The Shunning too? Anyway, this does sound like a good book...but I hate to do that too...read one of the later part of a series without reading the first ones first! xo Diana Looks like you've been reading again!