Saturday, March 15, 2014

6 Week surgery update

It has been 6 weeks since I came home from the hospital.  In that time, I've gone from walking with a walker to a cane, to now I am using just my own two feet.   I still have a bit of a limp, but that will eventually go away, when I get it in my head I don't need to limp anymore.  I'm still going to PT 3 times a week, and am now working on tightening and working all those muscles that haven't worked well in a long time.
I start on Tuesday on getting to where I can bend more than 90 degrees, with this new hip.  I know I can do it, I just know it may be one of the hardest things I've had to accomplish, since surgery.
I still plan on dancing in the streets on July 4th, if not before.

Last year at this time, these were blooming, this was taken on March 17, 2013
I haven't seen anything blooming here, yet, this year.



1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

I am so glad that your recovery has gone so well, Jettie. You will be better than new with that hip...better than most folks our age. I hope you put a costume on when you go dancing in the street! xo Diana