Sunday, March 31, 2013

Just a short drive


I took my camera with me to church this morning, and never took it out of my purse.  But, as we were leaving daughter's house, after lunch, I grabbed it and started snapping photos of some of the sites.


Just a few blooms on the hedge that is between the back of their house, and the property next door.

The alley/street that runs behind their house, makes a
90 degree turn and this is the scene just as you turn.
You pull back onto the street that runs in front of their house, and this is the neighbor's house across the street.
No, that isn't the street, that is their driveway, the red
is our truck on the street.
This is the back of their house, there is a pond
and water feature to the left of this shot, I didn't get a pic of that, but this has been fenced for horses.
Here we are crossing the Arkansas River
about 1 1/2 miles from downtown.
The mountain is the location of Arkansas' first state park, Petit Jean.  If you aren't familiar with the Legend of Petit Jean, google it.  Her grave is at the point that faces the river.

I love this old house, it is just as you get to the turn to head toward the Mountain in the above picture.
And a few years ago, I found that the lady who lived here, was actually one of hubby's relatives.  I thnk the house is empty now.

And I thought I should show the other end of the 
economic scale.  Up until about 5 years ago, this was the home of a family of 5.  And no, it isn't larger than it looks.  I think it is about the size of our garage.
Home, and a shot of my hollyhocks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pictures Jettie-made me want to travel down there.
Beautiful country and don't those pictures show both ends of the spectrum.
Hollyhocks are some of my most favored flowers. The ones we planted here are from first the farm/kennel sight and then the house next door and now here. I'm praying they made the trip and I can't wait to see them again. I think I may need to wait a year though-we'll see.

NanaDiana said...

What great pictures, Jettie. Your daughter's house sure is pretty and I love the land around them. What a shame that the wonderful house you are showing is vacant now. I would LOVE to get my hands on that and could live there easily. What wonderful shots. I never thought about this before but after seeing the land around you...are you on flat land or up on a hill? xo Diana