Monday, May 24, 2010

Plain Paradise by Beth Wiseman

Linda Huyard is 17, in love with Stephen Ebersol, and has lived Amish all her life.  Suddenly her life changes when she is told she was adopted, and her birth mother would like to get to know her.  Abe and Mary Ellen have misgivings, but they agree, when they find that Josephine has a tumor on her brain stem, and only has a few months to live. No one tells Linda that her birth mother is dying.
Josephine is Englich, or non Amish, and her style of living is so different than the Amish way. 
This book explores beliefs, and how different people deal with dying.  It is a very intense and gripping story, with a twist at the end.
I really enjoyed this book, and I feel I'm  better equiped to handle life, after reading it. It asked questions, and answered some that I have had.

This book was a gift from a friend, and I was not required to write a review, but I enjoyed the book and felt that someone else might like to read it.

No comments: