Tuesday, November 13, 2018

BELOVED, 365 DEVOTIONS FOR YOUNG WOMEN (book review)

Recently, I recieved a request to do a book review for this book.  I haven't done very many reviews lately, but thought this one was worth the time.

As the title says, it is 365 devotions, one for each day of the year.  All of the devotions are short, one page at most.  They are well written and very easy to understand.  I think this book would be perfect for young women between the ages of 10 and 16, and my granddaughter is getting one for her as part of her Christmas gift from us. 

Day 8 explains that we refer to God as Male, and since his son was made in his image, he cane to earth in a male body.  But, women were also made in God's image, just in a female form,  Since this books is meant for young women, it is explaining to them, that they should not feel less because they are female.

Days 184 and 185 cover Boaz and his treatment of Ruth, when she was gleaning the leftovers from his fields.  How he made sure enough was left, and she felt safe there.

This book is published by Zandervan
Written by Lindsay A. Franklin

It is available on Amazon  where I will also post my review.
I recieved a free copy of this book to review.  I recieved no other compensation, and my review is my opinion, only.

No comments: