Friday, March 02, 2018

5th surgery

ON February 23, I went in and had surgery to find the cause of the fluid drainage. Turns out a hematoma had developed in the incision, and that was the issue. They cultured everything, and found no infection, but as a precaution kept me until Monday afternoon, and gave me antibiotics. I have stitches this time, because of my allergies to so many adhesives, and they used gauze and paper tape on me. Physical therapy came and walked me a couple of times, then kicked me out when I showed them that I could do the whole 'circle' of the floor with no issues at all and without help. Occupational therapy came and visited, but found I had all the bells and whistles already, after all my surgeries, and went on to pester someone else. I've been on that floor so much in the last 4 years, that the nurses spot my name, and come by to say hello even if I am not in their charge. And this time I was in the same room that I was in, in January, when I had surgery. I came home on Monday afternoon to some happy friends, Prettyboy had been missing his laptime, and Buddyboo, is always happy to see anyone. He even got in my lap for some cuddling and a doggie nap. He prefers sleeping in dad's chair so before long he was down and waiting for dad to sit down. Today is one week post surgery, I am doing well, and hopefully in a few days, the walker will be retired, and I can use the cane until hopefully it is no longer needed. No post surgery issues at all, except dealing with getting badc to eating the way I do, after all those big meals at the hospital. It takes awhile to get my system back to what it is supposed to have.

2 comments:

Susie said...

Jettie, I am praying you are doing better. Please get well soon. Our medical system has taken a big hit in our area. Hard to get a doctor when you need one. A new young dr. in now here and I am in his books, hopefully for many years....he's only been a dr. 6 years. Just a baby. :) Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

Angela said...

I'm sorry about your health problems. I hope you have a speedy recovery.