Monday, January 08, 2018

January 2018 started out

The same way that last year ended. Our nephew died on Saturday. Kenny was my age, and had a massive heart attack, his grandson got him out of his log truck, sitting on the scales ready to unload, but they couldn't revive him. So we start this year going to visitations and funerals. Seems as if that is where we spent most of our time last year, so I guess it is going to continue. Our weather has warmed up, and is above freezing for a few days. January and February are usually our months to dread. Arkansans are not used to cold temps. I will be having surgery, again, at the end of the month. I had hip replacement in January 2014, and the cup that the ball works in, has come loose. I told my doctor that my son in law said he had some glue that would hold it. And as a joke, I'm taking some 3 inch stainless steel screws to the hospital and tell him if he needs to, he can use those to hold it in place. Can you tell I really like my doctor. He hs replaced both my knees and this hip, but the failure is not something he did so we will meet again in the operating room in a few days.

2 comments:

NanaDiana said...

It is good to see a post from you, Jettie. I know you have had an awful year of it and I will be glad when your surgery is finished. Hopefully, this next year will be a good one for you!!!! Love ya-Diana

Susie said...

Jettie, So sorry about your loss. It's sad when we lose any family and harder at holiday times, it seems...Praying your surgery goes smoothly. It's nice to have a dr. we really like. I miss my old dr. so much. Blessings to you and yours, xoxo, Susie