Monday, January 29, 2018

Another one...

3 weeks ago on Saturday, we lost our nephew today we lost his mother. Evelyn was known by most as Mutt, some childhood nickname that stuck for some reason. I couldn't bring myself to call her Mutt, she was a special and Beautiful person. I knew her almost 49 years, and in that time, I cannot remember 1 cross word ever spoken between us. She was a friend, confidant, and a baby sitter on occasion, when I was in need. I tried not to ask often, and she never said no. Dear Friend, Hug David for us, when you see him, I'm sure he is asking questions, and you and Kenny will get to answer a few. Love you and miss you, but I'm hoping to see you one of these days soon.

5 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Aww..that is a bittersweet passing, Jettie. I know she is in a better place but I know that you will miss her, too. You have all had way too much loss this last year. I am so sorry it has been so hard on all of you- xo Diana

Susie said...

Jettie, You have been in my prayers. Nana Diana asked us all to send good thoughts and prayers. I do not know how you have stood the pain all this time. So I am hoping you are healing.
Sorry for the lose of someone you truly cared about. You sound like me, I do not use some nicknames either. 49 years is a long friendship and all that love will go on and on. Sending hugs to you Jettie. Blessings for a total recovery,with no more pain. xoxo, Susie

Jettie said...

Thank you both, Evelyn was someone you could depend on, and the last time I talked to her, we went into her room, just to say hello, not thinking she would know us. Alzheimers is a cruel thing. I said Evelyn, this is Jettie. Lucidity came to her eyes, she smiled and said Jettie Parrish, the the light started to fade and was gone, but for that moment, she knew me. And she could take almost nothing and made a 3 course meal, with dessert, and it was gourmet. She was someone special,two of my favorite people in this world other than my children and husband, were Evelyn and Ola, my mother in law.

HIBISCUS HOUSE said...

I am so sorry for your losses Jettie. I know that God keeps you strong. Sending you love and prayers. Dolly

Kathy said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Jettie. Alzheimer's is a terrible disease. I am praying for you and will continue to do so.