Friday, July 09, 2010

Sizzling Sixteen, and other ramblings.

I have just read the latest Janet Evanovich book, Sizzling Sixteen,  it was purchased by my daughter, as I'm not aware of any place you can sign up to read her books for review. I'd been waiting for at least 8 or 9 months for the release of this one.  I have read the first 15 of the Stephanie Plum books and the ones with Diesel, which amounts to about 19 or 20 books, I have to humbly say that this one didn't measure up to the others.

I think this is the longest that I've had to wait for a book to arrive, since I started Blogging for Books early this year.    At times, there have been 2 or 3 and sometimes 4  on my desk, waiting their turn as I read an earlier arrival.    One of the companies, is revampng their website, so it will be a few more days before I can check to see what they have available.  Another company has 3 books on their site, but none of them have grabbed me by the collar, and insisted I hit the 'order' button. And another, well lets just say I'm apparently not watching my email closely enough, and don't get my request in, in time for my name to go on the list.  I'm supposed to be getting a 'Love finds you' book, but it hasn't arrived. 

Lets just say that I'm in withdrawal, and needing a book fix.The laundry is caught up, I've made 16 bars of soap, and put 27 quarts of tomatoes in the freezer, I want to read...

2 comments:

NanaDiana said...

LOL-I wish I had time to read!

Jettie said...

I guess I'm gonna have to come visit, and break one of your toes or something, so you'll have to put your feet up and read a book...