Wednesday, August 18, 2010

STILL HOUSE POND by Jan Watson

Tyndale Publishing
Fiction/Christian/Historical

Lilly Gray Corbett is 12 years old, her father was a doctor, but he passed away, and her mom married again and they live on Troublesome Creek.  Copper, her mother, is a midwife for the community and is called at all hours to catch babies, as Lilly calls it.  She now has a little brother, and twin sisters who she has to care for when mom is busy.
Her Aunt Alice, her father's sister, invites Lilly to come to Lexington to visit, and Copper, against her better judgement, allows her to go.  There is a train wreck, people are killed and  Lilly is nowhere to be found.

Jan Watson has written a very compelling book, the storyline is very good, and it was with regret that I came to the last page.   I'd highly recommend this book to anyone who loves a good story.

I was given a free copy of this book from Tyndale Publishers, to read and review.  I received no other compensation for my review.
The opinions expressed here are my own.

No comments: