Tuesday, February 23, 2010

SONS OF THUNDER by Susan May Warren

This is the fasinating story of Markos Starvos, his brother Dino, and Sofia Frangos, who they both love. It starts out on a small Greek island, follows them on their boat trip to America,to Chicago and then into WWII. The first chapters are written from Markos' view, the middle chapters from Dino's view, and the last chapters are written from Sofia's view.

It isn't 'light reading' material, as it has a lot of twists and turns which take concentration to keep straight, and it is character loaded, with full development of many of them. I struggled at the beginning trying to keep the relationships of several characters straight in my mind. But, after about 3 chapters, I found that it all straightened out, and from then on, the reading was easier. I recommend this to those readers who want a book that has some 'meat on it's bones', that takes awhile to read.

Published by
Summerside Press Minneapolis MN
www.summersidepress.com

I was not paid for this review, and the opinions expressed here are my own.
I did recieve a free copy of the book to read and review.

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

I might pick this up for one of those times when I wanted a "deep" book to plow through. It sounds like you enjoyed it once you got into it.