Monday, January 04, 2010

The Most Wanted by Jacquelyn Mitchard

Arley Mowbray, the 14 year old daughter of a mother who should never have had children, but has 3, starts writing Dillion LaGrande, a man almost twice her age, who is in prison for robbery. Before her 15th birthday, she is married to him, and pregnant. As soon as her mother finds out about the baby,even though she signed for Arley's marriage, she kicks Arley out, and she ends up living with her lawyer, Anne Singer, who though she doesn't agree with the marriage, defends Arley's rights as LaGrande's wife. Along the way, a rift between Anne and her fiance, Stuart, another lawyer, occurs, he changes jobs, and states, leaving Anne in Texas.

As Arley gets close to her delivery date, Dillion escapes along with 2 others, and they kill 2 guards at the prison.

So as not to ruin this book for others, I'll stop here, but I have to say that this is one of the most intriguing books I've read in a long time. It has held my interest from the first page,and is one of a very few books I'd consider hanging onto, to read again. You won't be disappointed.

This author has another book, The Deep End of the Ocean, and I'll be looking for it, to see if it is anywhere near as good as The Most Wanted.

I was not paid for this review, and the book was purchased, it was not free from the publisher.

No comments: