Monday, August 05, 2019

I dodged a bullet...

no, not a real bullet, but I was scheduled to have another surgery on July 9th, because of a problem with the hip.  I was on strong antibiotics, and thankfully they kicked in and started clearing the problem up in time for the surgery not to happen. Since then, I'm off the iv antibiotics, and the spot has healed up.  But I'm still on oral antibiotics until about Sept 4th, and maybe longer. I'm now walking with a cane, and hopefully soon I will be able to walk without that, but who knows.  I'll gladly keep the cane as long as I don't have to use the walker.  
School is about to start, in fact next week.  2 in high school, one taking colleges classes and the other one taking vocational classes, per his choice.  And one is halfway though his sophmore year in college.  all are doing well, keeping their grades up and participating in band and choir, or some other activity.  

2 comments:

Jettie said...

I forgot to say that I had another surgery on June 10th, where they replaced everything in that hip except the stem. I stayed in the hospital 4 days and came home with a picc line and two iv antibiotics for 5 weeks. On July 4th, the hip was messed up again, and they thought they would have to redo the surgery but the antibiotics finally took care of the problem and it was put off until they made sure the problem was cleared up. I don't know who was happier, the surgeon, or me. He had the biggest grin on his face, and I am sure I did too. My husband was thrilled that he no longer had to change the bandages so I guess everyone was excited.

Susie said...

Bless your heart Jettie. At last some good results. Here's to tossing that cane away soon. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie